Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Character Blog Hop - Tristan Cross

This is Cloverpuff, the dimension-hopping bunny! She's been jumping around from one WIP to the next, interrupting the characters and interviewing them. She's a natural-born journalist, and she manages to get answers to all her questions. Because... who can say no to that little face under the hat?

On to you, Cloverpuff!

Hello blog hoppers! My, I certainly didn't expect my hop to bring me here... wherever here is! Nice to meet you. Let's start with the basics, then we'll move on to more complicated questions.

What's your name?

What the hell! Where'd you come from?

Name, please?

Er... Tristan.

I'd appreciate a full name. *Wriggles nose.*

Then I'd have to say Tristan Cross.

What were you doing when I came in?

*Looks down at the wrinkled clothes in his hands.* What does it look like I'm doing? Going through my brother's stuff.

If I told you you had to do some spring cleaning right away, what would you throw out?

What kind of question is that? And how'd you get in here, anyway?

Please answer.

Well, fuck. You got me. I guess I'd throw out that damned throx case--once I get my hands on it. *Drops clothes on the floor and goes back to sifting through the closet.* I know Eneld hid it somewhere. I know he's snorting again. I just have to find the case and then I can make him eat it. How does a smart guy like him end up like this? He promised me he'd quit.

Look deep into my eyes... Do you have any secrets you'd like to confess?

No.

Look deeper... Anything?

Just drop it. Any secrets I might have are in the past, and I'm not proud of them. I moved on.

I'm a dimension-hopping bunny, you have to tell me something.

Okay, okay. A few years ago I used to work for Crimson Quarters. I made a small fortune doing... jobs for them.

What kind of jobs?

If you insist, I can show you. I got a good recipe for rabbit stew.

Moving on... If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I have a bad temper and I usually jump to conclusions. It's got me into a lot of trouble in the past.

And what do you like most about yourself?

I guess it's the fact that I'm an intercolony pilot. I love being the captain of the vessel and having control of everything. Now that I left Crimson Quarters behind, I'm back on track. Damn it. I'm almost back on track. I work for StarCorp now.

Is there anyone you really, really hate? Come on, you can tell me!

I don't usually hold a grudge. I think there are more people out there holding a grudge against me than I remember. There's Therese, from the Triangulate Refuge, there's the entire population of Nightmute... oh, and Alete Freeborne, that ass. I guess I'd have to say him. Never met a bigger ass in my life.

Imagine it's a typical Saturday afternoon. What are you doing?

Saturday? Afternoon? Look, I've been traveling around the Solar System for the last three years, Saturdays and afternoons don't exist anymore. But if I had some time to kill I guess I'd watch this week's episode of E-Wok: Online Cooking with the Pros. Haven't had time to sit down and watch it yet.

What's your strongest childhood memory? It can be good or bad.

*Stops to think for a bit.* I guess my best memory is going to the beach with my mother and my little brother. We used to search for crabs between the rocks. Then we'd all go to this restaurant and share a paella. I miss those days... everything was simple. I had a family. And now? My mother's gone, and here I am, working for StarCorp, going through my brother's stuff to see if he still does drugs. It's ridiculous. Do you know how many shipments of throx I delivered this month?

Er... no.

Five. I deliver the damned stuff and it turns out Eneld's still snorting it. And now I have to tell him it's wrong. Ironic. *Stuffs the clothes back into the closet.* Nothing in here. He must've hidden it in his travel box.

Well, thank you for your time! Before I head on back to my dimension, can you complete this sentence for me?

If I could be a domestic appliance, any appliance, I'd be a...

A Chef-O-Tron 3k. That thing's badass.

Now I'll hop on over to...

Edward Jasper, by Kay Proctor
Piper Toll, by Lanise Brown
Neal Rodríguez, by Marcia Kuma
Emariya Warren, by Kelly Walker
Jingjing Wang, by John Kang
Alistair Leeds, by Shane Jeffery
Time, by Nadine Ducca

You'll find out more about Tristan Cross in the upcoming sci-fantasy novel Serving Time. Stay tuned for updates!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I laughed so hard at this: "Never met a bigger ass in my life." LOL! Tristan sounds like a cool guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! Ain't it grand when you know a character really well! Thanks for sharing J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls! If I have time this week, I'll try to have Cloverpuff interview Seth. She'll be begging him to shut up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work, Nadine. You got me thinking about Rabbit Stew ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...