Saturday, October 27, 2012

NaNoWriMo NewBie

Well, that's it. I made up my mind.

I'm doing my first ever NaNoWriMo this year!

*Gasps echo across all of blogspot.*

How can I describe the feelings bubbling in my stomach? Excitement's one of them. But then there's also stress (already!), some fear and a whole lot of "Whooooaaaaa, will I be able to pull this off?".

Of course I will, if I set my mind to it! You see, although I might look tough on the outside, inside I'm just another one of those deranged optimists--the type that sits at a funeral thinking "Well, at least we got the family together."

With my first novel almost ready for a professional editor to gnaw it to pieces, what are my plans for NaNo? To write the sequel, of course!

For once in my life, I actually have a title for the story before I begin writing it: Making Time. I couldn't be happier! Okay, okay, I hear you. I might have cheated... just a little. Making Time was the original title for my first novel, which is now called Serving Time. You can learn how I decided to swap names on this blog post: Choosing a Title: Make it, Serve it, Screw it.

I don't want to give away too many details, but Making Time involves a whole lot of demon-on-demon action, a whole lot of searching through uncharted realms, and not one--not two--but three additions to the family.

Are you participating in the madness? What is your project about? If you're a deranged optimist like me, look for me on the official NaNoWriMo page or on Critique Circle. My name's easy to spot.

Happy writing, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I've tried it before, but I top out at about 1,500 words a day. I'm more for the steady slog than the mad dash. But, I know a lot of people who have had great success with it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the first time I try, so let's see if it works for me.

      Delete
  2. I'm a first-timer also, Nadine. I also blogged about my virgin status as a Nano-er (?)

    Good luck and I'll look for you at the CC NNWM page. We can either swap sob stories or moments of triumph (depending on the day).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...