Monday, January 19, 2015

2015 Reading Resolution

Happy New Year! About three weeks late but oh, well... Better late than never, right?

Let's get straight to today's business: my 2015 Reading Resolution.

Here's a picture of my library:


As you can see, it's quite packed. I have well over two hundred books, and unfortunately some of them are still unread. So, for this year, I resolve to...


Here are the unlucky unread (for this selection I'm not counting my collection of antique books because I don't want them to fall apart):


Note: I will add links to reviews as I finish reading the books.

Never started:

- Lightning by Dean Koontz
- Velocity by Dean Koontz (I'm not a big fan of this author...)
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Modern Classics of Science Fiction, edited by Gardner Dozois
- The Hounds of Hell, Stories of Canine Horror and Fantasy, edited by Michel Parry
- Foundation and Chaos (The Second Foundation Trilogy) by Greg Bear (Sent to me by mistake by an Amazon seller.)

Abandoned before finishing:

- Johannes Cabal the Detective by Jonathan L. Howard (I absolutely loved the first book but couldn't get into this one.)
- The Vision by Dean Koontz
- Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card
- The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman
- The Shelters of Stone by Jean M. Auel
- The One-Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Johansson (It was horrible.)
- The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (not in the photo)

Recent acquisitions:

- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

I think I got my work cut out for me! Just this list contains sixteen titles, plus I recently began collecting the Fullmetal Alchemist Kanzenban Edition graphic novels (up to number five), so I think this year will be packed with reading. That's good because, to be honest, I barely read anything last year since I was so busy writing. This year isn't an exception (I have to publish Making Time!), but I promise to make an effort and step up to the challenge!

Which book should I strike off this list first? Have you read any of these? I think I'll begin with one I left halfway through... Hmmm... Maybe the Johannes Cabal one... What about you? Do you have any reading resolutions for 2015?

4 comments:

  1. A great resolution to make. Definitely better than my usual reading resolution of "I'll read 50 books. Okay, 20. Okay, I'll at least finish #7." Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted to make a resolution like yours, but felt guilty about having so many unread books already at home...
      Good luck reading! :-)

      Delete
  2. I've read The Scarlet Letter and wasn't a huge fan. As for the others on your list, I'd say just have fun with it. I was supposed to make my new year's resolutions some weeks ago. Ahem. But that hasn't happened yet, lol. I'm just deciding to read whenever I can and hopefully eat more chocolate along the way. Oh, and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! :-)
      A friend also read The Scarlet Letter and went "ug." That's why I haven't read it yet... I actually received two copies of it by mistake (Amazon) and gave my friend one. So my copy is still waiting...

      More chocolate sounds like a good plan!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...