Thursday, March 20, 2014

Seas of Black and Blue

This is a song fragment that will be included in the short story Seven Sins (prequel to Serving Time). I hope you enjoy!


One good day I rigged my ship
and out to sea I went.
A row-a-ho, a row-ho-ho,
no reason to repent!

Through the mist, between the waves,
an old man spoke to me.
“Sonny, this life, it ain’t for you.
Don’t squander it at sea.”

He pointed high above his head.
I looked up in surprise.
A sky so deep, and stars so blue,
with twinkles in their eyes.

Now I sail my ship each night
through seas of black and blue.
From star to star, from dusk to light
to worlds both old and new.



A special thank you goes out to the marvelous CCers who helped me!

1 comment:

  1. That's a cute song, Nadine. I'll look forward to reading your prequel. I know I still have Serving Time on my to-read list. Shame on me! I'm going to read it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...