Saturday, November 30, 2013

NaNoWriMo Feature - Nicole Smith

Today's NaNoWriMo participant is Nicole Smith. She's the author of several books, and is taking on NaNo for the first time this year (you can check out her collection of novels on her website below).

You can contact Nicole on Twitter or her blog;

Twitter: @nicolesmith5102

Blog: http://nicolesmithbooks.com


Welcome, Nicole! Is this your first time participating in NaNoWriMo? If so, what made you take the plunge? If you're a vet, how do you feel about tackling it yet again this year?

Even though I've written a number of books (the Sully Point series), this is my first time to really do Nanowrimo.


What's your project? Include name (if any), genre, brief synopsis... whatever you'd like to share!

Love Answers is the title of my novel. It is a romance, a love story, and will be book 8 of the Sully Point series. I hope to publish it in January if the editing goes well.

How are you approaching NaNo? Are you in the midst of a writing frenzy, or do you have a carefully thought-out plan?

I don't do outlines. Although, I wish I did! I had a basic idea for the book and then just sat down and started writing. I think that means I'm a 'pantser' - flying by the seat of my pants writer. Some days it flows and some days the words seem to be hiding in dark corners from me.

Have you learned anything from this experience so far? Is there any advice you would like to share with other NaNoWriMoers?

Probably the most important thing I've learned is that you must write every day, even when you don't feel like it. If you miss a day, it is that much easier to brush it off the next day, and then the next. Catching up is no fun at all. I'm at 43,732 words as of today, 11/23/13. I should finish in a couple of days, but I'll keep writing until the end of the month since the book will be longer than 50,000 words.

Send a short excerpt from your project! I'd love to share what you're working on!

She was struck by how full his lips were and wondering if they were soft, until he said hesitantly, “Caitlin?”

“You can really cook,” Caitlin said. “I’ve been wanting to learn more about cooking.”

“For you, lessons could be arranged.”

They were both quiet for a minute after that statement, and then they both tried to speak at once.

“I really can’t--”

“There’s someone--”

“I mean, I like you--”

“Yes, me too, but--”

They stopped talking over each other and stared into each other’s eyes. After an intense moment, they both looked away.

“So, we’ll be friends, right?” Aidan said.

“Yes, I’d like that,” Caitlin said and smiled at him.

That smile was going to do him in, he thought.

Thanks for participating, Nicole! I'm sure you're far past the 50k mark by now!

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice blog. I really appreciate all of your books. Your writing technique is impressive and enjoyable to read. I read this informative story and its interesting paragraphs in this book. Now it's time to get Roofing Services in Paramus NJ for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...