Sunday, November 11, 2012

Silliness Sunday: My own fan art

Well, NaNoWriMo is taking its toll on the few healthy brain cells I got left. Just have a look at my word count on the right.

The whole endeavor has been going very well. I'm well ahead of the target word count for the day--and I'm exhausted! 

Yesterday, I decided to take the day off from writing and spend a nice day out with my boyfriend. We took the cats to the vet, did the grocery shopping, had lunch and then spent an hour in a traffic jam on our way to the mall.

When we finally made it back home, I was in no mood to write--but I was still in the mood to be creative! These past few days, I've been thinking about cover art for my novel. I'm a self-proclaimed clueless author, so I've spoken to an artist and we'll see what we can come up with together.

But then, at 2 am, I had a tiny flash. An idea! I popped open Photoshop and started messing around. And here is the result: Serving Time fan art made by myself. What would that be called? Auto-fan art? Author art?

Let's just classify this under general silliness and move on with our lives...

But I looooove the way it turned out! What do you think? As my boyfriend said, "It looks like the demon is made up of constellations".

Click on the image to see it in a larger format.



I'd love to hear your opinions on my silliness! And don't worry, this won't be the cover of the novel--but it's an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...